LolDragoon's Travels

Log of experiences and travels of a Dragoon on Quetzalcoatl.

Monday, May 22, 2006

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

Remember how I said that I hope Darkdrifter learned how to provoke and cast utsusemi so I could stay as Dragoon for a night? Well, he showed up much later than expected and I was asked to go back to change to Warrior for the night. Alas, Ember will reign down from the fiery heavens next week. We replaced DD with another friend from the linkshell, Gannon, a Dark Knight. Much to our surprise, he eliminated the theory that -all- Dark Knights are emo, (that or he hid it really well), and did greater damage output than expected. I also managed to be the DJ Mix Masta over Ventrilo that night, playing a wide variety of songs from Barbie Girl (German Version), to the Hamster Song, to The Cars. Funny and fun times.

Now, as many of you may (or may not) know, I've decided to finally upgrade my relic lance. Some (if not all) may call me crazy, but it's going to happen. I took a walk up to the Goblin named Switchstix in Castle Zvhal Baileys, for he is known to upgrade such weaponry. He noticed that I had a relic lance on me and this conversation ensued:

Switchstix: Hold it right there, pal! Is that a relic lance you're carrying? The power hidden beneath that worn appearance is making my old Gobbie ears twitch. Trust me, I'm a blacksmith. I don't kid around when it comes to weapons.
Switchstix: Hrmmm. It'd take a lotta work, but I could make that power shine through again. Okay, adventure-boy, you got something to write with?
Switchstix: To reforge the relic lance, I'm gonna need an orichalcum ingot, a spool of Arachne thread, and a piece of lancewood lumber. Yep, that's the bare minimum.
Switchstix: Bring along the relic lance with those three items and I'll get to work for you. I've told you what I need, the rest is up to you.

So I went out to far away lands in search of the items that he had requested. And sure enough, I had acquired the three items he had desired. Along with my relic lance and items, I returned to Switchstix:

Switchstix: You got me what I need? Lemme see here, an orichalcum ingot, a spool of Arachne thread, and a piece of lancewood lumber. Good work. Did I mention that I don't work for free? (Read: Damnit.) I'm gonna need a little something up front--don't trust you sneaky adventurer-types.
Switchstix: Oh, and I got no interest in gil. My fee for this job is 4 Lungo-Nango jadeshells. You people pay each other for stuff all the time, right? Well this ain't no different. You pay my fee, your weapon gets fixed up.

Goodfornothingsonofabitc- oh, er.. right. So he requested these 4 Lunga-Tango jadeback things, okay. Don't know why he just can't accept modern day gil, but no matter. I went out again on a long journey to faraway lands in searach of these Lunga-Tango jadebacks. After finding and acquiring them, I return to Switchstix yet again for his payment:

Switchstix: You brought me my 4 Lungo-Nango jadeshells? Right, time to get to work. My forge is hot and ready to go.
Switchstix: The Goblin way of smithing is a little different from your fancy-schmancy "synthesis." I'm gonna need some time to get this job done. You kept me waiting for the materials I needed, now it's your turn to cool your heels for a while. Fair's fair, right?

So I had to wait, no big deal. I came back the next day:

Switchstix: You can stop your bellyachin' now--I'm done with your relic lance. So what do you think? You ain't gonna see too many weapons of this quality. I can tell you. Be seeing you, adventure boy.









In all seriousness, I'm excited. I'm officially now on stage 2 of 5 on my quest for the Gungnir. It's going to be a very long road that will be very expensive, but it will be done. Mark my words.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freaking hawt. I'd better be the first person to see you with the ultimate lance.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh. No. Me. I'm so much hotter than Aidyn.

<3uElei

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats Eleib, make sure you keep us updated, would love to see you with it fully upgraded, let me know what coins you need, mog space is more valuable than gil to me ^^

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home